When I was just starting to go to the gym, I remember how intimidating it was for me. I really had no idea what I was doing and everyone else seemed to be experienced and feeling right at home. This post on beginner gym workout is a guide for beginners that are new to working out at the gym.
Before we get into the beginner gym workout to get ripped, I just want to go over some quick tips that will help you improve and grow as fast as possible. I made a lot of these mistakes at first which slowed down my development and I want you to avoid these.
- Let go of your ego – It’s not about comparing yourself to others, it’s about your own personal growth. The only thing you should be comparing is your own results to yourself. You can make sure that what you are doing is working. This leads to the 2nd point.
- Keep track of your progress – You will know exactly how you are progressing. If something is not working for you, it will become apparent through your progress journal. It’s also easy to start slacking off after you have been working out for a few weeks. You can take a picture of yourself at the end of every week. When you do this, you can see yourself from another person’s perspective. It makes it possible for you to coach yourself. Ever found it easier to give advice to others? It is because you have a higher perspective. When you’re swimming in the problem, you can’t see it clearly. Tracking your progress will give you this perspective.
- Consistency is key – Every workout that you complete with full engagement is like adding another brick to your castle. You can’t make up a missed workout by training extra hard next time. It is the consistent efforts that add up to produce exceptional results.
- Keep challenging yourself to continue growing – Once you get comfortable doing something, increase the intensity and difficulty. Increase the difficulty gradually and slowly to be safe.
- Be independent – It can seem like a good idea to go to the gym with a buddy. However, I have found that this can create dependency. Create your own schedule and go consistently. Don’t let a friend’s absence be the excuse of skipping your own workout.
- Having good form is crucial – When you cheat to lift more weights, you will only be cheating yourself out of results. Go on youtube and study the form for each exercise. Then watch yourself in the mirror as you are doing the exercise.
You will grow fast and smoothly if you follow these tips. The second part is the actual workout. You may have seen numbers such as 4×12, 5×5, etc…
The first number equals the number of Sets and the second number equals the number of Repetition per set.
So if it was 4×12, it means that you do 4 sets with 12 repetitions in each set. First you do 12 repetitions making up the first set, rest, then do 3 more sets of 12 repetitions with breaks in-between each set. A good training program should include the amount of time you should rest for in-between sets and exercises.
The Importance of the Right Workout Program
Following the right workout program is very important. When you can see the improvements week after week, it is a huge motivating factor. If you’re on a workout program that doesn’t work, you’re not going to see any results and it will be discouraging and frustrating. The difference between an effective program and an ineffective program is night and day. If you keep a picture journal of your progress, you should be able to see differences every week or 2 weeks if you follow an effective workout program.
A good workout program needs to be comprehensive and specific. The workout needs to focus on a very specific goal to be effective, whether it’s for gaining strength or to get a better-looking body. In our case, we want the ripped physique, it is about building muscle in the right places while keeping a low body fat percentage. The training methods for each is different, a general workout program doesn’t do anything for you. The program also needs to address things like diet (neglect this part and you won’t grow properly), rest and what happens when your progress stalls.
The Right Program & Premium Advice
In my opinion, Visual Impact is the best program for beginners to intermediates to get ripped; it has all of the right parts that makes up the a good workout program. The Visual Impact site has 4 free videos that give premium advice about working out and muscle building (these are things that most professional personal trainers don’t even know about). Click Here To Check out Visual Impact Now